Saturday, April 14, 2007

a day of reckoning

A week or so ago, a student asked me why I never wear anything I’ve knit. I didn’t hesitate when I told her that the onslaught of babies has prevented me from being able to finish anything for myself. What I failed to mention is the fact that, for the time being, my knitting for babies is all done.

yep. more babies

The truth? Well, that’s a bit harder to explain.

It’s like this: I have been busy writing, teaching, reading, knitting stuff for others, but I’ve also been maybe a bit distracted by the sheer number of projects I have going on at once. Said another way, I have too many projects on needles and I tend to work on all of them a little at a time and I continue finding new projects to start and I have this thing where I get sad when something is over and I’m a process knitter and…

So the truth looks a little more like this:
sweater for me

or this:
one shawl

or this:
just yarn

or even this:
a ball i can't let go
And, sadly, there's more where that came from.

So, there it is. The real reason I’m not wearing anything I knit.

No comments: